Saturday, April 30, 2011

I shoulda stayed home!


So I have a night to myself
Joe has taken the girls camping
I decide, I am going to shop for a dress
I need a dress for the girls communion
So I head over to Brier Creek to TJ Maxx
I find a couple of cute dresses and enter the fitting room
I am down to my undies & bra
and I hear
.....Oh Lawd
That thing is sparking
....Oh Lawd

Followed by a store associate-

....Please leave the dressing room immediately
Leave the clothes, just get out
Seriously!

Come on, I am in my undies
I was so pissed
then i got really scared


I was like I don't want to get stampeded on my way out the door of
TJ Maxx

That is not how I want to go

In a panic I pull up my pants
leave them 1/2 buttoned
I exit the stall & look up to see sparks flying out of the air vent
for realzzzz!

so I high tail it out of the store
leaving a trail of "freak out" behind me
Didnt stick around to see how it all turned out
I just ran


Then I decide, since I am here I will try Ross
Never been in there
Lets give it a looksie

Get there, the sign on the door says

CASH ONLY, computer problems,
no credit or debit cards acceptable

ARE YOU SHITTING ME?
WTF
REALLY, WTF

Well, I went in anyway
Shoulda left when I had the chance
Tried on 9 dresses
and now I am in spiral of self hate
I hate my body
why cant I be a size 4
size 4 dresses are cute
everything
I try on looks like shit
I hate shopping
I need a personal shopper
I bet Kate Middleton haas a personal shopper
Waaaaaah I want to be a princess & have a personal shopper

So then I leave Ross

disgusted

to see this lovely sight


Then I realize
well, maybe I narrowly escaped death at TJ Maxx so
So this is a blessing, right....


OK
I make peace with myself & decide to hit up the mall this week

I hop back in my car to drive home
with in 5 minutes of my house
I look down & notice this
Gas light on E


This is so not my day!

3 comments:

  1. We must have been shopping at the same time because we (my husband and I) decided to stop through Brier Creek after dinner. We actually went to Ross first - I figured I had checks and a little cash if I really found something I'd like. Then I said, "let's go to TJ Maxx," except we saw the fire trucks and people standing around. I can't find any news related articles, but I did find your blog. Looks like you had a bad night but at least you didn't burn up at TJ Maxx. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley-so funny! Small world! How did you find our blog? Just wondering! Me & my BFFs just started it,we haven't even really gone public yet! Love your photography, gorgeous work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete